Here in good ole Utah County, between October and December you stroll through Wal-Mart, or Costa Vida (or anywhere else all the Mormon's go) on a BYU game day, and you inevitably see "THOSE" families.
You first see a mom and dad in in their mid 30's holding hands wearing matching BYU shirts. They come jaunting around an isle, only to be followed by 5-8 children, all under the age of 10, wearing the same matching BYU shirts.
I have always silently mocked these people, and now Dave has forced me to be apart of them.
Last Wednesday Dave decided we all needed BYU shirts. I thought okay, the boys will like them, so we head off to the BYU bookstore to get them. (Going back to BYU campus with two kids in haul and a flabby mommy pouch is a whole different experience I'll have to tell on another occasion.) So shirts purchased and one happy Tyler later, we head home, only for Dave to inform me that he wants us all to wear them every game day, "you know, like those cool families we see around." Oh Gosh. We're officially lame. Lame, but happy.
And of coarse here are some more pics of the kids to appease my mother...
Aunt Lisa took Tyler on a DATE! Tyler picked out his favorite outfit and even got to wear cologne! Lisa took him to feed the ducks and out to lunch for some nuggets. THANKS LISA! Tyler had a blast and it seems you forced him to break his "no kissing on the first date" rule :)
Aunt Lisa took Tyler on a DATE! Tyler picked out his favorite outfit and even got to wear cologne! Lisa took him to feed the ducks and out to lunch for some nuggets. THANKS LISA! Tyler had a blast and it seems you forced him to break his "no kissing on the first date" rule :)
8 comments:
I am dying. I am laughing so hard at his post. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. But now that you all have matching shirts, I don't know if we can still be friends..... just kidding!!!
ahahaha. You are sooo funny. I am wanting to know more about this "flabby mommy pouch" what it that all about? Anyway, I don't think you're lame. Other people might though. eehehhehe.
That is soooo funny, I to know exactly what you are talking about, but how fun for your boys. The things we wifes do for our hubbys.
All I have to say is you better start saving your money if you are going to have those 5-8 children following you around all under the age of 10. It is going to cost you a pretty penny to outfit them all in BYU clothing! Since you wear matching BYU shirts for Dave, did he wear his Brad Pitt clothes for you or opt out for Kevin James in your family pictures? By the way, I want to see your cute family pictures when you get them.
OK, so Kristan gave me your link here....and now I have learned the truth! Jon is a TOTAL copy cat! He brought home BYU shirts last Wednesday too! Shall we ban these guys from the Campus all together??? I was so embarrassed when Ethan HAD to wear it to school the next day! At least you don't have a "computer time limit!"
Love ya!!! Chari
Illiana,
I am laughing so hard. I promise Brian is the same. Every game day Brian is putting Kali in her game day shirt as he calls it..I say she looks like a boy...but hey whatever makes them happy...
You're hilarious! I didn't graduate from the Y, but I do know of "those families." In fact, I think I might have been part of one when I was younger. Gavin is getting so big! It's crazy how fast they grow at this stage. Josh was 13 lbs. 8 oz. at his 2 month so I'm anxious to see where he is at for his 4 month check. Yes, we are excited about the house. I've been on meds for a couple days now and have started feeling better. I swear I've heard of at least 10 families sick in the last few weeks. Weird. We definitely need to get together. I think Jake was wanting Nov. 19th since that's the last day you will be here while Landon is here (they come that morning.) Jake hasn't heard from anyone though and he hasn't made calls. We'll see if it happens.
Iliana, Love that little Gavin! He is so cute and photogenic. Jamie, do you and Jake have a blog? If you don't you guys should get one! We would love to see pictures of little Josh.
Post a Comment