Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Preschool baby...


Today Gav went to preschool for the first time ever. He was so excited and didn't give me a second thought from the moment we pulled up. He said they played with a puzzle book and race track, read a story about a pig and that he showed his harmonica to everyone for show and tell. He also got a cupcake from his teacher as they were leaving, and he very smugly showed it to T informing him that he wouldn't be getting a single bite since it was HIS from HIS teacher. I bet it is fun for a little brother to finally get to do something his big brother always gets to do. I'm pretty sure the reason we had such a successful first day is that 4 of the 5 kids in his class are in our ward and his best bud, Gavin M., is also in his class. They're pretty handsome for 3 year olds I think.

Tonight as we were eating dinner and the boys were telling Dave about school I got a little teary realizing we have no more babies around here. Only big boys causing big trouble and leaving big holes in their mothers' heart as they leave everyday. Dave said,"Well I guess its just time to make more babies. Hubba hubba." To which T replied, "how do we make plastic babies?" I was glad that I could honestly say I had no idea how plastic babies were made and leave the conversation at that. Daddy needs to start being a little more careful with his inuendos I think. But maybe just till the little guys are in bed, cause man we do make cute ones.



8 comments:

{lindy baker cakes} said...

Hahaha...you are the best writer ever! Maybe I'd join book club if you were the writer. This is so cute! What a darling little face and I agree you do make cute ones!!!

Lacy said...

Holy freakin' moly he is cute!

Whitney said...

So cute. But they look too little to go to school.

Little FIe said...

Sophia goes next week. So strange, but totally exciting for them.

BLStradling said...

A very handsome young man for sure!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I can't believe Gav is in preschool, he seems so little!

Regan said...

He is so adorable! He looks so little to go to school. I know what you mean about it breaking your heart. Even with Ethan gone all day it still seems strange.

Valerie said...

That's funny all these comments. I was just thinking how grown up they look. haha
Keep making babies Illiana. They are stinking cute! haha