Monday, August 23, 2010

A day that shall live in infamy...

Psh. This picture was NOT taken today, but cute none the less, right? A good bro should always be on hand for a back scratch.

I don't deserve any throphies today for:

being a complete fugly slob and finally busting out of my pjs around 4pm only to hop back in them at 8

feeding my kids greasy chicken nuggets instead of anything remotely healthy just so I didn't have to make a mess in my kitchen (again)

my bad thoughts that may or may not have involved grabbing my children by the hair and smashing (gently, mind you) their thick smart alec heads together.

the loudness of my voice (aka yelling) when asking for the upteenth time for my kids to stop fighting

or for my general attitude about life


BUT.

I do deserve a big reward for changing my underwear. And for cleaning up my kitchen for the first time in a week. And for not acting on the bad thoughts dancing across my brain. And for begging for forgiveness for my lack of patience with the promises of an exciting, less loud, tomorrow.

Too bad I often fail on the follow through.

We shall see...


6 comments:

Chellese said...

First of all, you are never "fugly." Never.

Second, at least you beg for forgiveness at the end of the day. I just wait to repent in large chunks (when my kids turn 19 and hopefully I'm done yelling).

XOXO.

Courtney said...

Love it, sounds awfully familiar. Glad I am not alone.

BLStradling said...

So glad to hear from you! It always makes my day!

Audrey said...

So basically your human then? This is good to know because I pretty much thought you were like a godess or something. Well I still think you are pretty dang close though! Love ya!

Amanda said...

Oh, I love you Iliana, you say the things no one else dares says, but thinks. I needed to read this post today. I am feeling similar to you.

Little FIe said...

Hilarious!!! Love it. I am with you on the pj thing. I mostly wear yoga pants, which I convince myself to think that I may excercise if I wear them and think to myself, they really aren't pjs. They are!!!!