Last night was heaven. Everything about it felt like autumn, from the cold grass and light breeze to my two week long cold making me feel a little hazy. Dave and I fell in love in the fall. We had our first baby in the fall. We go to BYU football games in the fall and pretend like we're still the young college kids we used to be. Halloween, hot cider, jackets. This time of year seriously makes every part of my body and mind happy.
Add two little boys playing star wars with the neighbor friends on that cold grass in that cool breeze and there isn't anything better.
Gav said he was Darth "Mater" (he apparently loves to mix genres) and even though there was only one of him and two of them, he wiped the floor with 'em. Gav is "evil often wins" personified. Really. Except he's not as much evil as evilish. Okay, I feel bad about saying evilish. He's 3. Nough said.
Here's to a long fall and a really really really short winter.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Darth Mater...
Posted by Iliana at 2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall-time!! Just reading your post made me happy. It is my favorite time of year! I can't wait for Halloween.
Your boys are so cute. Sure miss you guys.
First of all my little Gavin is NOT evil! Even though he make mistakes, like pouring soap into his play kitchen when he should be sleeping, doesn't mean he's evil ;) haha. Second of all, those top two pictures are awesome. And third of all, I wish it felt like fall here...today was the hottest it's been since we got here.
Amen on that last wish!
Man, I'm jealous...I wish we had fall!
And what is it with little boys and Star Wars? My boys are OBSESSED! Even Joah. Your pictures totally remind me of my boys! Too bad we live too far apart to let them all play Star Wars together!
Are you coming any time soon??
Post a Comment