Friday, June 12, 2009

A study in Strange

Today the boys woke up at 6 :15 am. Same time as usual, but for some reason, getting up before 7 always feels wrong. Why don't they get that?

So, since I'm lazy, I pulled them in bed with me and T whispered his husky, still loud, whisper, "CHORES. CHORES. CHORES." Think of raspy Darth Vader voice. Apparently he wanted to start his chores. Weird I thought. What little boy wants chores dished out at an un-Godly hour?

And after about 5 minutes when they were being so wiggly that staying in bed seemed more tourture than relaxation, we headed down for some breakfast. "CANDY. CANDY. CANDY" T and Gav chanted. No raspy voices here. Just whiney high pitched annoying voices. Weird I thought. Candy for breakfast. I gave them cereal.

And then when I heard rustling in the laundry room and peeked my head in to see Gavin removing all the lids from the markers and a pile of new, broken apart Scentsy wax, I said nothing. My mad face said enough for him to respond, "No! No! No!". And as I drug his little body out of the room, he continued his no's and has continued them for the past hour and a half now, currently as he is unloading every DVD and book from the shelf. Weird I think. Weird that I would expect anything different. This is our usual morning routine.

And as I am thinking about my children, I'm realizing they are strange. Really.

Like how T thought it was a good idea to fill cups with water and put them in a toy wheel barrow to be carted around the house.

Or how Gav removed his diaper so he could poop on the carpet in the living room.

Or how T keeps handing me his tin full of change and tells me to take it and go get him an Escalade to drive around.

Or how Gav hides peices of partially eaten carrots in secret places so he can find them days later when he needs a little snack.

I think I like strange. I do want to eat a bowl of spicy cheezy mexican soup for breakfast. Oh, crap, did they get the wierd gene from me?

Anyhow, pictures that support my claim:





I was saying something like, "Hey, you're cute!" And he said, "NO!" and gave me a crusty look. He's just sweet that way.



The cars were cleaned and the sponges sucked dry.

In pure white trash fashion, Dave likes to change poopy diapers outside in the front yard on card board boxes.
This is T being extrememly content and happy because he got mom to help him make tooting noises with the pump.

And if you want to hang out with us because we're so cool, our calandar is booking up fast.

And if you don't want your children hanging out with mine because you're afraid, don't worry. The strange doesn't rub off easily.

8 comments:

Chellese said...

Are you sure STRANGE doesn't rub off easily? Are you sure chanting CANDY CANDY CANDY for breakfast is weird? I think my kids may have this STRANGE gene as well.

I love T in the pump pic.

BLStradling said...

We are all strange in our own special way aren't we! Your kids are cute and amazing just like you aways have been!!! Love your post and your amazing writing!!!

Debbie said...

Not only 1/2 Solorzano, but part Garlock---what a combo---and you wondered where the crazy came from. Love you!

Amanda said...

Oh, I love strange. I wish we could hang out with you guys. You sound like pure entertainment.

Mindika said...

We don't think you're too strange to hang out with! I love your boys. We totally need to plan a camping trip, and a bike ride, and a Saturday at Liberty Park...don't fill up that calendar too quickly. :)

Ali said...

What a fun time. Cooper always wants chocolate chips for breakfast. Your pictures are so great..you must have a really nice camera!

Ashley said...

I heard car washing sponges and soap are really good for kids just like lead paint. And if candy candy candy is weird for breakfast than oh baby am I on the crazy train or what!You know kind of like the hot tamale train on so you think you can dance.

Whitney said...

can we book a date? My kids need a little bit of strange.