Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wanting what you got...

I've been blessed with a lot. Always have been.

But the greatest gift I've been given is that on most days, I'm completely satisfied.

I like that I like what I have. It feels good to not want for more. Cause really, what more is there?

But. But. But right as I'm typing this and simultaniously watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding (cause nothing is waiting for me to watch on DVR), I am realizing my hair is just like Tula's. You know, the main character with big big poofy frizz? Its just like hers.

And since I'm claiming to be be a content person, I will love myself and what I've been given and do myself a favor and flat iron tomorrow.

Unless its raining, cause really, there's no point in that. I'll just revel in my Tulaness if its rainy.

But going back...

I'm pretty happy with my little stay-at-home afro filled life.



6 comments:

jamieleighcall said...

Amen sister. I feel your blissful pain. :) I didn't do my hair this morning either because I didn't want to take the time to blow dry and flat iron. So instead I put some mousse in it and I'm good to go. Not way cute, but oh well. Are you guys going to Doug's thing next Friday? I don't think we will be there. Jake has scout camp all next week and it's going to be crazy. Then Saturday we are heading up to Logan so it's a cramped week. Hopefully we can all get together soon!

Chellese said...

I sometimes need a lesson in wanting what I got. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful cause I'm a blessed girl.

BLStradling said...

love your attitude!! And you!!

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

I was watching that show the other night too! And I am jealous of your curls that you call an afro.

Melissa said...

You are hilarious! Thanks for the reminder. Strangely, a very strange and sorta creepy man was trying to have a conversation with me at the grocery store today and he said the same thing.... Is this a message I am needing to hear or what? PS - Your hair always looks fabulous!

Valerie said...

I love your hair and it looks nothing like Tulas. It's beautiful!