And then there was today. Glorious today.
There was sun. But not only sun, warm sun. Almost balmy sun.
There was park playing.
There was the sound of laughing, not whining.
There was clean bathrooms and folded clothes.
There was preschool. Happy, happy preschool.
There was a temple trip with the boys. Just looking at their matching ties and squishy little faces as Elder Holland talked about eternal families almost did me in. Really.
There was eating out with little spilling mind you.
There was a little dancing to Rocky.
And then Gav did a backflip. Literally. Was jamming out and then... WHOMP, backflip. Landed on his head. Cried. Cried some more. And more. And then Tyler cried. Don't know why. He just likes to cry. Then they wouldn't stop crying. And they continued for about ten minutes until Dave and I looked at each other and smiled. Ahhh. It was fitting that the night end the way it usually ends. After all, tomorrow the dow will inevitably be down. I hear there's gonna be rain. There's no preschool on Wednesday.
I'm just glad we had today. It was nice. Gav even loved me almost as much has his stuffed animals. Almost.
*oh, P.S. I'm not depressed or really pessamistic. Just sayin...
12 comments:
I feel the same way as you, I just don't word it as nicely as you!!! I'm glad we had the park and sunshine, it's what I really needed, hopefully tomorrow will be as nice:)
Iliana, You are quite the writer! I must say a little sunshine and spring in the air can work wonders. I'm glad you had a great day.
Love your post. I had nearly the same thoughts (replace preschool with kindergarten, and you and I have nearly an identical day, minus the backflip. ;) ) Emma and Josh were in heaven at the park and I couldn't believe we were actually there, February 24th, still technically winter time. I'm not complaining, just grateful. Hopefully spring is here soon because we are so ready for it!
It's good to get a break from the winter! Everyone seems to be in a better mood.
Hooray for sunshine! Gotta enjoy it while it lasts!
AMEN. I loveeeeeed the sunshine. Where is it going so quickly though?? It was the best day!!!
Such a beautiful day yesterday. I love when you post. You're such a good writer.
It's amazing how sunshine and warm weather can make you feel better, or I guess it does if your are clean freaks like us. I'm wishing for a little more gray skies, it was 81 here yesterday and it's not that I don't like it, it's just that it's only February for heavens sake. Welcome to Texas!
How does anyone like winter? Why do I live in Utah? Oh, yeah, my husband likes winter. Weirdo.
I love me some Iliana blogs!
I wish we could trade weather for a day. It's already getting too hot here!
I have some pics of you on my blog in honor of Regan's b-day...check it out!!! :)
if we all move to hawaii it would be sunny all the time. But them milk would cost $7. It is a toss up. I hope it is sunny this week.
Post a Comment