Ughh. Seriously we're still potty training. This little cutie is funny, smart, handsome, and athletic, but he is NOT, I repeat NOT meant to live in an era of indoor plumbing.
The potty training is not my only battle... I'm getting old. Grey hairs, lotta wrinkles, and one too many saggy parts. I turned 28 yesterday, and despite the horrible number, the day was great!
I woke up to yummy cranberry orange muffins and fruit, balloons, presents, and a CLEAN HOUSE! Thanks baby!
Amidst the advanced aging, Daves been pushing the "lets get a house" theme around here. Trust me, I really want a nice backyard, but house hunting is a lot of work, I just realized money doesn't grow on trees, and HELLO, I can't leave the house to look due to the whole "peeing everywhere" issue. I did find one house I fell in love with, but the darn lady didn't want to loose $100,000 so we could afford it. What was she thinking?


I loved the windows and view, the farmhouse sink and backsplash, and the cute little porch and red craftsman door. Maybe oneday.
And last but not least, I want a redo. An entire redo of our recent trip to Arizona. I live for going to see my parents and siblings, so when the boys were sick the entire time, it was a little dissapointing. Tyler started off sick, and Gav ended the trip with a trip to Urgent Care, ruptured ear drums and ear infections, and a lovely dose of stomach flu. Lets just say the 11 hour drive home was a "scent"sational experience of exploding proportions. But it wasn't all bad. The weather was PERFECT, my family was PERFECT, and Dave behaved almost perfectly :)
This is just after coming home from Urgent Care. What a trooper!
Daddy and Gav on a beautiful night.
First popsicle ever. Bomb pops are a no go.
Ty lived outside and was in heaven!
Gav made a little friend, Wyatt. Isn't he a doll?

Anyway, if you happen to come across a magician who waves a wand and little boys are potty trained, let me know. That, or a plastic surgeon looking to do some pro bono boob lifts. I'd be happy with either.
And last but not least, I want a redo. An entire redo of our recent trip to Arizona. I live for going to see my parents and siblings, so when the boys were sick the entire time, it was a little dissapointing. Tyler started off sick, and Gav ended the trip with a trip to Urgent Care, ruptured ear drums and ear infections, and a lovely dose of stomach flu. Lets just say the 11 hour drive home was a "scent"sational experience of exploding proportions. But it wasn't all bad. The weather was PERFECT, my family was PERFECT, and Dave behaved almost perfectly :)
This is just after coming home from Urgent Care. What a trooper!
Anyway, if you happen to come across a magician who waves a wand and little boys are potty trained, let me know. That, or a plastic surgeon looking to do some pro bono boob lifts. I'd be happy with either.
27 comments:
You are too funny! I love the potty training stories, but it makes me nervous for when Gwyn learns.
I am sorry about that house, the pictures are adorable!
You are so funny and not old. We are the same age.
Happy birthday! Don't worry, 29 is about the same. It's 30 coming up that is scaring the *%$! out of me.
You crack me up! I'm not sure how old Tyler is, but if it makes you feel any better, my sister is dealing with the same thing, and her little boy is 3 1/2. You're not alone.
So fun Happy Birthday. I love the house too. To bad that lady didn't want to lose money. Where is the house? It looks like mapleton. I know how you feel. I would love a house but I keep telling myself... I love staying home with brody more! About the potty training my nephew is 3 1/2 and not potty trained. Hang in there
I had no clue it was your birthday!! Happy late one! UM also I guess I am crazy because every celebration I ask for pans, mixers, etc. In fact I got the most wonderful cookbook. I'll have to tell you about it. When can we get together? Wed?
PS I love that house! It looks like the houses out here in Riverton. I heart them
I couldn't remember if your birthday was on the 24th or 26th so I just forwent (is that a word?) the whole congratulations thing and didn't email you or call you or send you a card of any kind. I'm glad it was a good day though and I hope you do get an AZ vacation redo so we can all get together. 28, unfortunately, feels quite old since we are now considered to be in our LATE 20s. What is that? I think it means that you have to walk around like you're 100 years old for a week after hiking the better part of a Saturday. My legs seriously lock up in pain every time I try to walk while my husband states that, "Yeah, I guess I'm a little sore." Try that one out if you're feeling old.
Happy late Birthday Iliana! I hear ya on the age thing. I never understood why my mom had calculate how old she was everytime I asked until now. Whenever I asked her she would say, "Well I was born (year) so that would make me (#)years old." It's just no fun to keep track of the higher age numbers. Sorry we didn't get to hang out while you were here! That would have been fun. As we always say next time. Sick kids are no fun but, I am glad they are better. I just got over strep throat (damn parents that send their 2nd graders to school sick. What are they thinking?) First time I have ever had it and it was terrible! I am so glad that my kids didn't get it (yet) I didn't want them to go through it or deal with it. Your a trooper. I would have caved in and flew home. Tell Crystal we have 3
2nd grade openings at my school next year! Crazy!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. . . you crack me up! I just love reading your posts! Believe it or not, I actually remembered that your birthday was coming up about a month ago. . . but, of course I didn't write it down because that would be way too convenient. One day I'll be better. Glad you had a fun birthday hanging out with your boys.
I love your posts Iliana! They are so funny! Good luck with the potty training.
I've been blog-stalking for a while (I'm an old missionary companion of Chari Pack's, and by old I mean truly old, not a spring chicken 28). I felt like I finally had to comment because we have the same birthday! And the same struggle with potty training. Mine son turned 4 in February! He does great with the whole peepee thing but egads- just an hour ago he deposited a ripe one in his drawers. It's getting VERY OLD. Good luck and Happy Birthday!
Seriously...the only thing I took away from that is you have a NORDSTROM!!! I'm soooooooo jealous. The closest one to me is in Orlando. BOO HOO HOO!
Just kidding...I got more than that...I do love Arizona, sorry the kiddos were sick :(
Last, but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
that house is adorable and tell them they have to drop 100,000 dollars because you love it...and just because...As for potty training...I say let him run naked....wE ALL NEEE TO LIGHTEN UP A BIT AND I THINK THAT WOULD LIGHTEN US ALL UP...BY THE WAY CUTE NEW BLOG BACKGROUND
Hey, you should have told me when I called you about the gray hairs, I could have totally sympathized with you. Yes, I too have found several grays. Are we really old enough to get gray hairs? It doesn't seem like it. Oh well.
hey dave, its kamie! I stumbled upon your blog! Your boys are too cute. Glad to see all is well...
You are so cute and witty! I am in love with that house! Sorry about the dumb price. :( Happy late birthday! You are darling! Hope it was a good one!
1. HAPPY BDAY again! 28 is still young. And you look fabulous! :)
2. I L-O-V-E that house! LOVE IT!!!! There has to be a way! ;)
3. Potty training. ??? I've decided (through my own experiences and my friends') that Tyler will wake up one day and decide that "THIS IS THE DAY!" He will. I promise that there will come a day. In the meantime, keep a potty close by, or a bush will do, I guess. :)
4. You are hilarious! I love reading your blog.
Truly, I feel your pain! I fought my oldest son for over a year on potty training. I tried everything: treats, sticker charts, toys, song and dances, punishments (I know they say not to do that--but none of the rewards were working!), letting him run naked, everything! NONE of it worked. Then one day...at almost four yrs old. he just decided on his own and never had an accident again! it was not a gradual thing at all. We did have a problem with bed wetting for another 6 months or so--but i had a little more compassion for that since at least he was asleep. I bought a bed wetting alarm and it worked awesome! It goes off at the first drops of moisture. That took two nights of that and he was potty trained through the night too! Best of luck!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We should go out and CELeBrAtE this weekend!!!!:) Iliana- just wait to your are my age! (ie, wrinkles, sagginess, etc!)
My potty training technique, tell them they have to eat it (you know the pooh stuck all over the underwear), I am such a great mother! (but really, they won't remember & hold you to it in their adult life).
OK, Are you going to go on the Lord & Abbot New York trip!? Shopping! Broadway!? Let me know, Jon just told me about it!
Love you, you YouNG 28 year old!!!
Iliana, Happy birthday to you! I hope it was great. Sorry about the potty-training thing. And I'm totally old too- cause cookware is about as exciting as it gets for me too. :) Love you!
you should defintely write a book. happy birthday!!
melina
Your boys are so cute. I wish we could have visited more while you were here. I love your blog. So cute.
Hey Iliana - I tried to mail you something but it came back to me. Will you please email me your address? Thanks!
hahahah. You are so funny. We gave up on potty training. Don't even get me started. She was trained at one point but would rather sit in her own filth. Sounds like a pretty good birthday. That house is DARLING. I wish things could have worked out. Houses are so expensive. I though you had a house though. You'll have to fill me in some time. Despite all of your woes, it looks like things are pretty fun for you anyway.You're the best!
Iliana, your stories are always so entertaining and a good laugh. Besides all the problems of not peeing and not breathing, you got two adorable little boys!!!! We all need to do something soon, more than just hanging out outside!!!
Dude, as if I need to tell you this...you're funny!!
I love your blog!!
And call me!! I'm starting to be offended that you haven't replied to my email yet!
Post a Comment