Or so I was told today by Tyler. I had been playing Guitar Hero during his nap (ha! what a great productive lady!) and went to get him up with the guitar still around my neck. He just rolled his eyes and brought me back to reality. I'm a mom. Duh. I started thinking of all the harsh realities that positivily make me a mom. Like how just a few hours earlier I was holding Gavin on my lap WHILE using the restroom, the whole 30 seconds being screamed at by Tyler to "let me in!" Does a rockstar have to hold a baby while twinkling? Or hold it for hours because you just can't fit it in to your schedule? I think not. A rockstar pees where and when he pleases I'm sure.
Rockstars have stylists. I have Tyler. He told me the other day, "Mom, change your shirt. It looks like a garment. Put on a fancy shirt, its Cinco de Mayo and no one wants to see you in that."
Rockstars are loved and adored by their fans. They get lots of money and accolades for thier awesomeness. I get hand gestures (and no, not the naughty ones. usually.) We were at daddy's softball game, and Ty had to go potty. He started to walk in the men's room, when I told him he had to come with me into the girls bathroom. He was super excited and said, "Ya! Thumbs up! I get to use the ladies room!!" So, I get two thumbs instead of a grammy.
Rockstars get to Rock and Roll all Night, and Party Every Day. I get to rock my baby to sleep at odd hours of the night and potty train every day.
Rockstars have awesome bodies, cool clothes, travel to exotic places, and drive fancy cars. I'm a chunk, wear grubby baby food stained t-shirts, travel to Target, and drive a car full of crumbs and misfit toys.
But then again, rockstars don't get to spend the afternoon watching their three year old have the time of his life in the rain.
But a mom can pretend can't she?
16 comments:
You are a rockstar, Iliana. Your kids will thank you for "rocking" their world someday (hopefully). Thanks for always making me laugh.
This is my most favorite post ever. I love that you went up in his room with the guitar around your neck. Izzy brings me the guitar sometimes because she wants me to play so she can dance. YOu are suck a good mom!!
Rock Stars also usually have to wear tight leather pants all the time, which I could definately never do.
still one of my favorite bloggers! you could win a grammy for that alone!
you always keep me smiling!
thanks!!
How do you do it? I love reading every word of your posts.
I sure hope Gavin's ear is better. We missed you last weekend. It really would have been fun to see you. Sorry I wasn't very quick with the info, we didn't really know the details until Saturday.
We'll have to catch up next time!
I now feel relieved! I thought I was the only weirdo mom that has held her child WHILE using th ebathroom. HAha moms have a different world, but one of the best.
PS... Thanks about the header. Lindy made it a while ago, but I was a slacker on posting it! She is awesome with that stuff!
I just love your posts, they are so entertaining! Tyler says the cutest things.
K. This just made my top 3 favorite posts. You are so funny.... which must be where Tyler gets his wit. He is HILARIOUS! Where does he come up with the stuff he says. I love it.
Tyler kills me with the things he says! He is so funny! I love your blogs!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has held a baby while being on the potty. Being a mom is always about multi tasking. Tyler is so funny! I love that kid!
I love the fact that you play Guitar Hero during naps. I have a rule that I hardly ever do housework during a nap. That is my time to recharge!
I love this post!!! You are so good with words. You should write a book or something. I'm serious.
I wish you could come wake me up from my nap with a guitar around your neck!!! :) i think i would get a good laugh.
You are SO WITTY!!!! I loved this post! :)
And your little guy sounds like a firecracker!!
I love to read your blogg. In the end wouldn't you rather be an awesome mom than a rockstar and have your life all over magazines. It is better when you can write the truth in your blogg.
Post a Comment