Dave was out of town for a few days, and I thought I would die dealing with the kids alone. Turns out I could do it, and not only did I survive, I realized how lucky I am to be their mom.
They put up with a lot sometimes...
They make me laugh.
And most of the time I can't stop smiling becuase I think they are so wonderful.
As I was going through the drive thru at my favorite bakery (because seriously, who cooks when thier husbands not home to eat it?) an old neighbor was working there. I chatted with her for a minute, and started to pull away from the window when Tyler asked who she was. I told him that it was his friend, Mary's mom, to which he replied, "Then who's with Mary?" Wow, I didn't realize how my little guy's brain worked before. It was then that I realized how LUCKY I am to be with my children day in and day out. I felt so glad that Tyler knows I'll be with him every night to tuck him in, and every day to play with him, and even put him in time-out when he gets crazy. I didn't realize that I am his rock and his sense of stability. Though I don't wish to criticize those mom's who have to work, or those who choose to, I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home and teach my chilren the in and outs of their every day. I'm glad I get to be the one who ties their shoes, and feeds them their lunch, and kisses away each ouchie. There are definately days where I think to myself I don't know if I can do this anymore!, but really, I know I'm one of the lucky few. So here's to my boys!
Tyler:
He's my little man. He takes out my trash, always asks to help out, and is endlessly trying to be apart of everything I do. Yesterday I told him I was going out to shovel the driveway, and he said, "No. I'll do it mom."
Gavin:
I haven't figured this kid completely out yet. Sometimes he's so chill, and other times he's totally uncontent no matter what. But no matter his mood, you can always crack a cute smile out of him.
He's such a good sport! With a crazy mom and an even crazier big brother, this kid is endlessly tortured! But, he plays along and usually has fun with it!
But most of all, he is my angel. No wonder so many moms keep having more and more babies. They are wonderful. I want to squeeze him every second. I want to kiss his fat ole cheeks. I want hold him so close. And most of all, I want to dry him off :)!

That was long, and so not my sarcastic style, but I love em! I remember when I thought my world was perfect with just Dave and I. I remeber how much I missed just the two of us once Ty arrived, and I realized it would never be the same. But I am SO GLAD things aren't the same; that they change and turn into something so much better than they were before. I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
I haven't figured this kid completely out yet. Sometimes he's so chill, and other times he's totally uncontent no matter what. But no matter his mood, you can always crack a cute smile out of him.
That was long, and so not my sarcastic style, but I love em! I remember when I thought my world was perfect with just Dave and I. I remeber how much I missed just the two of us once Ty arrived, and I realized it would never be the same. But I am SO GLAD things aren't the same; that they change and turn into something so much better than they were before. I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
15 comments:
You are going to have really cute girls!! Your kids are so cute and Tyler is very entertaining. Izzy loves playing with him.
What a sweet post. Tyler is so freaking funny!Always thinking. Your kids are gorgeous. One day you'll have your girl(s) and you won't have to put bows on your boys- that's so funny. Looking at your blog makes me even more happy that I had a boy after Whitney. They can be just as cute as girls I think.
What great pics! You captured their "everyday". Looks like you guys have so much fun just being together. It really is the best, huh? Being a mom.
I love your sarcastic style! It always makes me laugh. I love the picture of Gavin in the sunglasses. What a cute little family. I also love being a stay at home mommy. There's nothing better!
Todd is alomost 5. He's very particular about his drawing. He started when he was about 4. Kylee is Ty's age and she scribbles. Every kid is just so differant. He's not slow you silly mom!
Iliana, I love EVERY style that you write in! Not just your sarcastic one!! Your posts are so fun to read! I just wish I was as smart as you. . .I had to look up the word pragmatist. It was fun to read about your boys. I'm so happy you love being a mom. . . I do too!
Ok you are in trouble because you made my cry reading your blog...I loved it and I am with in the fact that I love being a mom...And I missed Brian and I time in the beginning and now I can't imagine it any other way...Tyler is so cute and funny
I love the picture in the sunglasses! Priceless!
I am so blessed to have you for a daughter-in-law! You are amazing! I never worry about Ty and Gav because I know they are LOVED!!!!
I loved your post. You and I are more alike than we know. It seems like almost every post you write, I think to myself "Yep, exactly." We will get together soon. I know I keep saying that, but I mean it. I'm going to have Jake make some calls in the next couple weeks and we will figure something out.
I absolutely love your blogs!!! You are an amazing mom. It was so refreshing to hear such a sweet description of your joy as a mom. Some days are so difficult, it is great to be reminded despite this, we really wouldn't ever want to change things. You are amazing and your kids are adorable!!!
Looks like Gavin and Holland have both become fond of their tongues. We better not get them together for a while.
Girl, can I tell you how much I love to read your blog? I mean, I haven't had much time to lately, so it was fun to catch up! I love how you just say it like it is! You are so funny, I just love how you write! And here's to stay-at-home moms, cuz it's a pretty hard job, if I do say so myself! But definitely the best job! And you, Sheila, and Sar give me hope that life with 2 kiddos WILL get easier...
I am still dying over your boys with bows in their hair. I am sure Dave loved that! I miss you....we need to get together soon and talk about the craziness of being a stay-at-home mom. I love all the little sayings you put up that Tyler says. He cracks me up. Are you ready to start trying for a girl?!!! :)
Post a Comment