Thursday, January 24, 2008

Crazy Kid!

Ty's a Sunbeam. Crazy. I almost cried the first Sunday I saw him sitting in sharing time in the front row, blowing his stinky Sunday breath into another boys face and laughing about it. He's my baby so the thought of him growing up so much gives me so much anxiety. This is him after his first week of primary, two seconds after coming home, and already clothes are flying off...
So since he's a big boy now, we decided it was time to get him a Book of Mormon. We braved the snow tonight and headed over to the distribution center. As we walked in the front doors Tyler noticed the picture of Joseph Smith's first vision and said:
"Hey, there's Joseph Smith and Jesus."
I replied, "Yes, and Heavenly Father too."
"Ya. How come they have the same wierd haircut?"

We picked out a B of M and also picked up a CTR ring for him, explaining that it would remind him to choose the right. I told him that whenever mommy asked him to do something he didn't want to, he could look at his ring and remember to choose the right, and obey mommy. He seemed to understand. Just a few minutes later while eating at a restaraunt I realized he actually did understand. He sat down and immediately started sawing pieces of napkin and paper off with a knife and started blowing pieces everywhere. I asked him to stop and he didn't. He kept doing it for a while when I realized he was seriously making a huge mess on the floor, and I asked him to stop again. He said:

"No. I want to saw." I gave him the look and he pulled off his CTR ring and said: "This thing is making me worse."

Ahh. Love this kid and also his primary teachers. Heaven help them.


10 comments:

Lacy said...

He is so awesome. I cant believe the stuff he comes up with.

Lisa Marie said...

I can't even stand how completely adorable my nephew is!! Honestly, that is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!!! I'm laughing now but I can totally see Brayden being the same way. I feel like everywhere we go people are looking at me and thinking "control your child lady". Oh well what do you do?

Sar said...

He is such a funny kid! I love that you write the funny things he says! It would be really fun to get together next time we come to Utah. I think our boys would have fun together. I don't know when that will be. . .but it would be fun!

Sar said...

Could I possibly say the word "fun" any more times in one comment? I think not! I need to get a thesaurus.

Ashley said...

So funny. He seriously cracks me up! Remember when we were over at you guys house and he accidentally said booby instead of booty and we all laughed, and so he kept saying it to make us laugh. He is seriously hilarious!

Jana said...

I love the CTR comment! :) He is too cute. Thanks for the tips on snack ideas. I'll try the yogurt banana split. Sounds yummy! I love that you comment. I swear it's just you, me, Lacy, and Shelby who look at my blog. LOL not really, but keep the comments comin'! :) We'll have to get together sometime and let the boys play, too!

Valerie said...

Your blog cracked me up. The quotes on the side were making me laugh so hard!
What a funny kid you have!
Well I'll see you in the morning!

Rebecca said...

I can't believe how big he is! I'm so excited to see you guys in July!

Persnickety Prints said...

Just wait until you are at the "eight is great" program when he gets Baptized! Soon all of Ethans sins will start counting! Ahhh!
OK Illiana...I am counting down to Feb 11th...11 more days! You ARE going to Carlsbad, right? WIll you be my friend? So far it is 70 degrees on Fri the 8th, so keep your fingers crossed that it stays nice! (even if I look at a while for 3 days i'll be fine though!:)
It's the least our husbands can do...