Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Babe!

Yesterday was so fun. Tyler turned THREE! It was a sad and happy day. I was a little teary realizing that my baby was getting so big and old. I remember when he was a little chubby baby that wanted to be cuddled and held and kissed.




Now he is huge, wipes off my kisses, and doesn't get why mommy still wants to pick him up in her arms and squeeze the daylight out of him. I really do love this boy! Even through the yelling, bad words, time-outs and tantrums, I see this little sweet baby that I just can't get enough of! He had tons of fun swimming with daddy and going down the 'big boy' slides at the pool. We also went to Kangaroo Zoo with a few of his friends which was the best part of his day! Thanks everyone who spent the day with us. It was great!

Tyler and Drew going down a slide at Kangaroo Zoo.
Tyler and Hudson. Don't they look like they are up to something mischeivious?!
Ty opening presents. HE IS TOO OLD!
Blowing out his B-day cake, looking angelic :)
Mike, Lisa and Steph eating cake!

Tyler woke up to his new bike! He already rides it so well!
Opening a present before breakfast, cause come on, what little kid can wait till his party to open all his presents?
Helping mommy make his favorite breakfast: bacon and toast!
Ty and daddy having fun.
Ty and Hudson getting out all their wiggles.


*on a side note: Tyler had requested strawberry cupcakes days ahead of his b-day. Yesterday as I was about to make them, he said he wanted chocolate cake. I told him I had the stuff to make strawberry cupcakes, since that is what he had wanted earlier. So I decide to make a strawberry cake instead of cupcakes (ya know, to meet him halfway). When I was all done I showed him the cake, only for him to roll his eyes and say in a very 'know-it-all' manner: "Mom, I said a chocolate cake or strawberry CUPCAKES. Not a strawberry CAKE." I then said in the soup nazi way, "No cake for you."
Gotta love three year olds who have been spoiled rotton all day!

7 comments:

Brittney Burton said...

Hi, I hope you guys come to Mexico so I can meet you. You have the best parents ever! I love playing games with your mom and dad in Mexico. I hate it when they don't come because then I don't have any gaming buddies. I am being serious to I really am a sad when your mom doesn't come because then no one will play scrable or mexican train with me. Your kids are so cute! Oh and I totally love your entertainment center!

Lacy said...

Looks like I really missed out!! Tyler is so cute and even if he is being naughty, he still makes me laugh!!

maelynn said...

Ahhh...too bad I didn't know...I coulda done a bday blog! I can't believe he's 3! I didn't realize that Micah is almost a whole year older than him! He is so cute...your boys always look so handsome...of course! Duh, YOU'RE their mother! Style queen! Looks like you had fun!
P.S. Did I notice that there was a little girl at the party named Drew? That was gonna be our name if this was a girl. I still think we'll use it when {and if} we have a girl! I love it!

Ali said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Amanda said...

Oh this kid is a trip! How cute! I can't believe he is 3 either. The time really does fly by. It sounds like you guys made his big day so perfect for him. I still remember the day you had him. Your water breaking at the work shower. I thought it was the coolest thing. You, however, did not think it was that cool. Anyway, Happy birthday Tyler!

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday! My baby is going to be 5! It's crazy how they grow up so fast. Not only is my first baby going to be 5, but my baby baby is going to be 3. It just makes me so sad that they don't stay little just a little bit longer. Tyler is so cute for sure! Your mom said he's been being a stinker for you. I'm so sorry and hopefully he starts getting better soon. Oh the joys of motherhood!

Sarah said...

Your boys are so cute, and your husband is so cute with them around the neighborhood, they were just out back today. I love all the pics!!