So we all love pretty much everything about our little Ava. She is so tiny and furry (kinda monkey like), and smells delish and makes the cutest little kissy lips ever. Every morning I wake up and am giddy to the point of giggles that I get to squeeze the sweetness out of her all day long. The giddiness slowly wears off by mid-morning and morphs into "holy cow how much can a bitty baby poop?", and, "wait, didn't you just eat a half hour ago?" and, "what is that? silence? for 2 minutes? I can't believe it!". Our love never wains but our epileptic fits of joy kinda deplete by lunch. She, on the other hand, can't get enough of her daddy or her biggest brother. One squeeze from either one of them and she is looking longingly into their eyes and wouldn't dream of making a peep. Too bad for her she's stuck with mom all day. Can't one of my children love me most? Geez.
I will say the first few weeks almost killed me. And Dave. And maybe my neighbor who probably heard a lot of crying from me, Dave, and the wee one. Then one day I woke up and didn't cry first thing before breakfast. Maybe not even a tear till lunch. It was then I realized we would live!!! We would outlast this dark cloud encompassing our house and survive to cry another day! Since then its been bliss. If and only if bliss is defined by squeezes and kisses and loves randomly and frequently disperssed between long hours of colic and sleeplessness. Yep, bliss.
Sissy, Miss Priss, Ava Bean, or Princess Pooperella (the boys come up with the most appropriate names), as our love is known is actually the most wonderful little thing and all of us are quite smitten. She is by far the most sought after attraction here at the Gardner home and rightly so; something so innocent and perfect and beautiful should be surpassed by none. She has certainly completed our family in the most magnificent way.
And I do me complete. Like we're done. Like no UPS truck making any stops around these here woods if you know what I mean. And if my grandma is reading this I hope she doesn't know what I mean because I think she thinks I'm a prim and proper lady.
Here's some pics (in no particular order)... enjoy.And lest you and your hubs are thinking about adding a little cutie to your brood:
And Ava, if you read this one day and think I didn't love you beyond words, you'd be wrong. You make me one happy momma. Just you wait. I'll be showing you love the whole rest of your life, in every way love can come. You're my girl.
Thursday, September 08, 2011
Little Girl...
Posted by Iliana at 12:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Love the update, she is so cute!! Sorry you have yet another screamer. That is rough but it does go fast, just does not seem so at the time. But she sure is a cute little bean!!!
She is soo adorable!!! The Boys and getting so big and more handsome! Loved the post!!!
She's so very pretty Iliana! Love her lotts cuz your princess will grow too fast. I was looking back at Kamber's newby pics and I can't believe she's almost a year! I wish she just layed there and cuddled me. Now she smacks me in my face and runs away from me!But we still love her!
I love her. She is so so sweet.
Beautiful!!!
She is beautiful, you are amazing and I am officially scared:)
I am so glad you got your little girl, and you couldn't have done a better job!!!
I love the way you write il...thanks for blogging...from a faithful follower! :)
Wow, Iliana she is just so precious!! Congratulations!! And hang in there. Having a newborn can be so hard!
Gorgeous! Congrats and way to go for surviving those first few weeks. Been there. Recently. Would love to see you guys in person before she hits her first birthday! :)
Love the picture of Dave with Ava. He is such a proud daddy!
I love you Iliana and Ava!
She is too cute. Hopefully I can meet her in person before too long. Congrats again.
Post a Comment