Dave's change in occupation couldn't have come at a better time. Really. Funny how semi-traumatic life altering events can actually propel you on to better life altering events that are less trauamatic. So during our "break" we went to Arizona and were able to go with my sister to the temple for her first time. I'm still not convinced moving to AZ shouldn't have been our next move, for these reasons:
1. The wather in January is absolute perfection. High's in the 60's, beautiful blue skys for the most part sprinkled with the most memorable scent of rain on dirt. Wet dessert is what heaven smells like. We played outside all day and night and the moon was huge and bright and not covered with haze. Dave was quick to remember though that 9 out of the past 10 times we've been down to AZ its been hotter than heck to the point of us needing to wring out our undies. I think he exagerates.
2. There's just way better food in AZ than in UT, and you could never prove otherwise cause it is the down right truth. If in AZ go to Carolina's (think that's the name) for the BEST machaca beef burritos I've ever had. But get there by 6pm cause that's when they close so that you aren't shot in the neighborhood. Love myself some downtown Phoenix.
3. I happen to like being by my family. For the most part.
But since tomorrow morning brings us new opprotunities here, we'll stay. And I'm happy with that too. Maybe we'll aim for a second home down south? Get on that Dave.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Hiatus from life...
Posted by Iliana at 8:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Cute post, and cute family. I'd love to go to AZ right about now. This weather is killing me. I love winter, but I'm so ready to experience warm weather. You look great!
I know what you mean about the warmer weather. It was really nice driving to church today at 1 with the thermostat reading 71 degrees. It is probably the one thing that is my major plus for moving. I am not sure what is going on with Dave's job but I hope all is well and everything works out just how you want it. =)
Loved the Arizona post! Loved seeing you and your cute family. You make me laugh! Wish only great things for you and your family!
Good food - I want to move to AZ (I no longer feel the need to throw up). Too bad Darin would never go for that. Happy Day One to Dave.
I miss AZ too. Believe it or not NYC has every type of wonderful cusine, except for MExican. We have yet to find anything exceptional.
Oh what I would give for some warm weather. Love that picture of Gav with the flowers. He's such a cutie. I hope you guys are all good at your house. I woke up last night with a fever, chills and a sore throat. I really hope you guys don't get it, especially with Dave's big day. Wish him luck for us.
we're out of the loop...dave's got a new job??? where and when? glad you're feeling good about the changes...could jsut eat those cute boysup!!!
Apparently, I'm out of the loop too! Where is Dave working now? The warm weather sounds great! Shilo
I'm way out of the loop! Good luck with everything.
I laughed so hard when I read that comment about the shirt! Sooo funny! well just use it to clean, paint, or camp in! how funny
Post a Comment