Today Big T started his first day of his last year of preschool. I didn't cry like last year. Last year I cried the whole time he was gone, called my mother for moral support, and sat on my couch looking at baby pictures of my firstborn wondering where all the time had gone. Today I only cried for a minute because I had important things I had to focus on, like bra shopping.
***And so here's where I transition to "lady" talk and all male readers (dad), can scroll down to the pictures.***
Bra Shopping; aka Torture Unequaled To Anything Besides Gallstones. Are bra makers stupid? Must you try on 20 bras in order to find one that "works", but is still pretty sucky? Is there a memo I didn't get that pointy boobs are in? Is there no where for a woman between a B and a C to find a place to lie her ladies? Does comfort have to equal ugly? And really, why do we even wear them?
I'm pretty sure that we should start a new era. An era of saggy mommy boobs. This movement is essential. I'm so sick of putting on a bra only to have to lift my ladies into their cup and place them in the position I want them. They want to be free. To breath. To slowly move their way south. Sign my petition and liberate woman everywhere.
***End of "lady" talk and back to the first day of school.***
So after Gavin declared himself sick of watching mom try on undergarments by saying, "Pretty one mommy, want food", we headed back to pick up Tyler and get the dish on his first day. T was as happy and as cute as I left him. He told me "all the other kids wanted to go home, but I wanted to stay." I took great offense to this and made him list all the ways mom is better than his teacher, Miss Farrah. The list was short, darn kid. But really I'm glad he's back at a wonderful school with his buddies from last year. A little guy needs other little guys to scheme with I think.
Tonight we had his back to school dinner and it was exactly the same as last year's: speghetti, garlic bread, and salad. Special crown included. I love that it takes so little to please that kid. And then, to end his great day, a birthday party for his best bud, Hudson. Today made one happy Tyler. And that makes mom happy. That and the fact that the bra has come off for the night.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Back to School, Back to Au Natural...
Looking so darn old and handsome.
Posted by Iliana at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
amen on the bra talk...mine comes off anytime i'm in my house. Who ever thought it was a good idea to strap a rubber band around a women's chest should be shot.
Anyway, congrats to Tyler. I can't get over how much he looks like Dave in that first picture!
I love that you make him a special crown. Can I be more like you? I feel too overwhelmed about this school thing. Hudson STILL is not registered. Hopefully, tomorrow. Thanks for coming to the PAR-TAY!
And bra shopping is always a good laugh for me. I'm not in the now - are pointy boobs in this season?
oh my gosh! Can i copy and paste the boob part onto my blog!?? ;) Amen sista! I think i need to actaully get "fitted" for a real bra. ONe that is more than $12 at wal-mart might actaully help me out! :) because sometimes i can't tell the difference between wearing my bra and not wearing it.. accept for my discomfort! Tyler is too cute! what a fun mom you are with that crown and special dinner. I will have to keep that in mind for my kids!
Tyler is soo cute. Looks like he had a great day.
Tyler does look like such a big boy! In fact he looks older than preschool to me. Crazy.
Bras, well, I think I have the opposite. Why can't they think of us little folk that cannot find a size small enough? Instead I have to settle for empty space between bra and me. It's stupid. TMI?
The whole crown and dinner thing is awesome. I need to be more like you and do sweet things like that for my kids. What a good Mom you are.
Oh, you are the best Iliana. I was laughing the whole time I read your post. First of all Tyler is adorable. Time sure flies. Your bra commentary is some good material. I was laughing so hard. It is pure torture, I know what you mean by pointy bras. At least you don't have to shop in the little girls section. All my bras have stars,hearts or monkeys with bananas on them. One day I'll hit puberty....
Wow - he looks so grown up!
Wow, T looks so grown up in those pictures, he's super handsome:) I wish Brayden was in school right about now, 2 more weeks, I can make it:)
I am totally copying you tonight for Hunters first day of school: His dinner of choice and a crown. Thanks for the idea!
Ty does look old in that picture! OK, I hear ya on the saggy mom boobs. You think it's bad after two kids - wait til three! It's scary. What will the ladies be like after four? I'm scared to find out - IF there is a four... (I think I just threw up!)
Post a Comment