I remember the night we met at Branbury apartments, (I still question how a sexy, sophisticated, women like yourself ended up at Branbury where 80% the people living there were either criminals, drug addicts, bulimic, secretly pregnant, and where the sacrament had the nick name "The Branbury Express), you were hot. Hot like a little brown tamale!
Our 8 years together has had lots of ups and downs including our second date which ended with our first make out session. I don't remember what we did on the date but I sure remember what we did at my apartment. And to think that you still married me even though my gum ended up in a tangled mess in your hair. I love you.
Good thing it was all up from there. Just think about our first apartment with the pipes running through our entire house and the cute little mice that moved in to keep us company and the giant black spiders that greeted us every morning in our World Ward II bathtub and a shower head that came out of the wall just above the mole on my lower back. And best of all we could see our upstairs neighbors showering as well because we had no bathroom ceiling.
We were living it up, baby!
Then came the boys and the real fun started. Heart monitors, passing out, ear infections every weekend, screaming, giant man sized poopy diapers, constant movement, an inordinate amount of swearing, piles of laundry, and best of all barley any sleep.
I have truly been blessed because through thick and thin, dark and light you have always been there to take care of me and our family. I know that as a mom you get frazzled sometimes but I also know that there is no where else you'd rather be.
I love you for your willingness to sacrifice your time and self for us. You are the greatest wife and mother. I wish I give you more but I'm told those blessings will "come in heaven" so I hope you make it there.
You are my sweetheart and the most beautiful women in the world. I am lucky to have you and I am really glad that my rugged good looks blinded you to my disastrous personality flaws. I could not and would not live with out you by my side. Thank you for everything.
Happy Mother's Day!
11 comments:
Dave, that was so sweet! I love that you called your wife a brown hot tamale! Wowzers! Maybe you could give my hubby a little advice on how to make my world go round! Bustin' into the blog with lots of nice things to say, plus a little TMI to make her blush...NICE! I'm glad I'm up late and go to see it! Hopefully it'll stay posted...
Dave, you made me cry. Can't imagine what you did to Iliana. You are MFEO.
Iliana, it would be a CRIME against humanity and mothers everywhere if you erased this post.
I love the Gardners.
Tell Iliana that we will all rebel against her if she removes this sweet post from her blog!
Oh Dave that was HILARIOUS!!! I was dying! "The Branbury Express" haha, so true. But it was also so nice, you're a good husband and daddy:) And Iliana, you're an amazing mother too...I'm so lucky to have you and Kell as example before I dive into it all someday. Love you all!
Wow!!!!! That was so sweet. I loved that.
So sweet you guys! You guys are awesome and I agree, Iliana is such a great mom, and person!
Dave, that was the best!!! Iliana I hope you don't erase this sweet, funny, & tender post. I can see why you two get along, you are both great writers!!! Love ya!
Iliana, you don't even KNOW how much North and South will affect your life. Just a warning, the first half of it is a little boring, but the second half totally makes up for it. You will be obsessed!
Iliana... looks like you picked a keeper! ;) That was the sweetest blog entry ever! and want to know what? I totally secretly daydreamed and wished Seth would post something on my blog for Mother's day! And I didn't get it. hahahaha. but you did! and i am so glad because I melted reading yours! :) Happy mother's day!
Thanks Iliana for saying YES when he asked you to marry him! I love you too!
I'm forever late in posting but that was a great post! Well said Dave. and Iliana I believe every word!!
Post a Comment