Friday, May 15, 2009

So smart...



My baby graduated. From pre-school. Well, from his first year of pre-school. He's still got one more. But any reason to celebrate right?

He has learned lots and lots. Like all his letters and numbers and how to write his name and how to cook breakfast cookies (you bet he wants these all the time), and all about dinosaurs and music, and shape and form. His schoool has been awesome. After all its at preschool that he's had his first "real" kiss, his first time hitting a friend on the head with a plastic bat, his second time being bit so hard he still has teeth marks embeded in his shoulder. Its been a blast.

But more than anything, Tyler has really matured this year. And I'm not sure I mean mature in the way you think. Let me explain...

I started noticing his developing curiousity and growing understanding the other week while at McDonalds. (And by the way, you loving or hating Kidz Bop? I'm undecided, but the kids are sold). We went with his cute friend, Drew. Drew's a girl. She's sweet, and softspoken, and the exact opposite in most ways to Tyler, so naturally they hit it off. Both of them had to use the restroom so Drew's mom took them both to the ladies room. Apperantly, Tyler had asked Drew if she wanted to sword fight. Ya know, sword fight. Drew's mom told him she couldn't. T was a bit confused as to why. So later, when he had to go again I took him and explained that girls can't sword fight because they don't have the same body parts as boys. "Really, what do they have down there then?" T's interest was peaked. "Well." Oh no. "Its just different." Really, do I have to explain to a four year old? Poor kid, no sisters and no clue. So here's where I started to worry as Tyler said, "Oh wow. That's wierd. I need to see that!"

No. No. No. No you don't.

Maturing part one.

Then yesterday I over heard him with Gav playing in his bedroom.
They were playing with trains and T said, "Buddy, you really need to be patient. A bridge can't just be thrown together. It has to be strong."

Maturing part two.

Then today, after buying some flowers at a nursery and dirt was covering the boys head to toe, T says, "Geez mom. I don't know how you can stand us. We're so dirty. Make sure Gav washes his hands off when he gets inside."

Maturing part three.

So now that he's a grad, I expect even more great things. I'll keep you posted.


Everyone else shook their teacher's hand when getting their diploma, but in true T style, she got a high five.

Watching a slide show and being so stinking cute and old.

Singing us some awesome songs.

Logan, T and Landon. His best friends at school, minus Caden.

9 comments:

Persnickety Prints said...

So crazy how fast he has grown up!!! You are so stinkin funny!

Lindsey said...

I love the boys vs. girls conversations...so funny! Where does Tyler go to preschool? I'm on the hunt for a preschool for Carter next year and can't decide where to go.

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

That is so funny! Kids have a gift of asking you those oh so wonderful questions when you least expect it, don't they.

Chellese said...

Sword fighting . . . my boys haven't come up with that one yet. Funny! T is really growing up that's for sure. I'm glad our kids are growing up together. Yesterday Hudson said, "Holden's not my friend he's my brother. A friend is like Tyler." Ty is a good definition of friend.

Mindika said...

That's too cute! You are definitely in trouble...with their looks both your boys are going to be girl magnets. I love that he gave a high five.

Mama G said...

Tyler is just so beautiful--even if he is a real boy!! I love him soooo much!!!

Regan said...

That is so fun they had a little graduation ceremony. Ethan will start preschool this year and I am so excited for him to learn more things and to mature, hopefully.

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I just have to say I love your blog! You have the most awesome post. Everytime I blog I think about how lame mine are in comparison to yours. I can't believe how fast time flies. They get big way to fast. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Tyler! He is so stinkin cute! I'm surprised he and Brayden haven't tried to have sword fights yet:)