Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Christmas 2008


Ya it's February, deal with it. If you haven't noticed I've been extremely busy what with all my laundering and coloring book crayoning and shaving legs and stuff. Some may call me a woman of leasure, but that would be bordering on on just plain rude and untrue. I'd say I'm a woman of one hour leasuring. Everyday I get about one hour (usually a little more), to be kidless and therefore scream and crumb free, so I've been taking it easy. Catching up on my ladies, Lorelei and Rory, has seemed much more important than blogging about Christmas. I forget, does Lorelei end up with Christopher or Luke, or does she end up an old spinster? I'll have to keep watching. (p.s. Gilmore Girls is on ABC Family HD every weekday at 3pm. Some ask why I nap my kids so late in the day. That would be the reason :) But just to make myself clear, I'm usually folding laundry or emptying the dishwasher while I'm leasuring. Leasuring is a word, right?

So Christmas was a dandy one. Kids really do make it fun don't they.

This is T making reindeer food at his school Christmas party. He dropped the glass container shortly upon arriving at home and was positive Santa would never find us in AZ if the reindeer didn't have glittery ground oatmeal to draw their attention to Grandma's lawn. They found him anyway.

Super stoked about singing us his Christmas carols.


We went to AZ for a week and T got to play with Connor and Mitchell. He loves Connor and could squash his older cousin with one bum cheek. All T's friends are little runts. Cute runts.


The annual acting out of the nativity. My aunt always has the kids write their own version of the Nativity Story and we act it out accordingly for each rendition. It is so funny. Tyler got to play every part from Joseph to a wiseman.


On Chrismtas Eve we always open PJs. Who know Gav would think it was so awesome?




Chrismas came and Kung Fu Panda entered our lives. Little did we know it would become our lives.

Gav could really have cared less about presents. He was really just into the candy in his stocking. Hey, a kid doesn't get to be in the 13th percentile for height by lovin himself some veggies.

T was kinda bummed the big present wasn't his. But Dave was glad he finally got a miter saw. Thank you parents.
It rained a bit while there, so my dad made some paper boats and the boys have fun playing in the gutter water. We always did that growing up. It was fun to see T and G do it too.
Dave turned the whopping 30 while in AZ. We saw Valkyre (which I LOVED), when to dinner with all the adults and had a good day.

Thought I'd just plop a pic of my parents in here. They are so generous with us and we really love them.
And the cherry on top of the vacation, (or perhaps I should say the pink lemonade and ham sandwich on top of the vacation) was Gav's upheaval on the way home. Dave no longer thinks driving 85mph around tons of turns and mountains is a wise idea. Weird how it takes puke to make a man change his ways.
Gav thought it was funny. Haha.

So once again we close the door on excess and boxes of chocolate and long for it to come again as quickly as it left.
Except we hope that maybe next year we stick to a budget and that Santa won't buy mommy a pair of see-through pj's. See-through pjs are a gift for daddy, not mommy.

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my favorite!!!
Funny that Brayden has both pair of the jammies your boys got on Christmas eve. I, however, do not have the same see-through jammies you do:)
Isn't kids throwing up in the car the BEST?

Chellese said...

Iliana, you really are HILARIOUS! I love you more than you know. See-through jammies definitely a gift for the daddy. I'm still laughing about the subtlety you talked about at book club. Funny, funny stuff.

Chellese said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we have the ENTIRE series of the Gilmore Girls on DVD just in case you want an extra dose.

Regan said...

Looks like you guys and the kids had a lot of fun too. Too bad Gavin got sick on the way back, that must have been the highlight. How great it is traveling with kids!

Me and My Clan said...

Ok, first of all...you are hilarious! Second of all...I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Third of all...you like The Gilmore Girls!?! I LOVE The Gilmore Girls! I'm so glad you told me when it's on. I need to start watching it. I never did see the last season, so I have no idea what happens. I'm glad you didn't spill the beans. (:

Audrey said...

As always, I LOVE reading your blog! Seriously you are such a good blogger. Always funny and witty. The throwing up in the car thing really sucks. I haven't had to deal with that luckily but I am sure I will have my chance someday. Yuck!

Tiffany W. said...

The last sentence in that blog serisouly made my day... thanks! ;) hahahha.

AndiLove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I love your posts... I wish I could post something interesting like you for once. (It makes up for your gaps in posting) Looks like you had a great Holiday!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

That was so funny. Thanks for the laugh! I loved the last sentence.

Lisa Marie said...

Actually Gilmore Girls is on at 3pm and 6pm on ABC family everday...so if you happen to miss the 3pm, there is still another chance:) Denis pretty much dreads the 6pm hour, haha. He thinks it is too dramatic and he hates the sound of Lorelai and Rory's voices when they are talking so high pitched and fast, haha, cracks me up! Oh and in the very last episode Luke walks up to Lorelai and kisses her, so there's your answer! That picture of Gav with his PJ's is priceless, I love it!!

Unknown said...

hahaha awesome. I always love to read your posts. I wish you would write a book or something!!

Debbie said...

Great post----I especially like the donkey that Tyler is riding. It was good to see you.

BLStradling said...

You are the best! Love all the pictures and loved seeing your family while you were in AZ! You have a great family(always knew you would)!

arianne said...

Love it. Could Gavin be any cuter?