I picked The Book Thief. I think most of us would have loved the Martha Grimes mystery, but I just didn't think there was much to discuss there, so whala... The Book Thief it is. Go read The Man With a Load of Mischief though in all of your spare time. Love it.
Both Chellese and I have a copy, (and I'm sure the library has it too), so we'll hurry and read it and pass it along to anyone else.
Wednesday, February 25th at 7pm my house
Be there or be square... and sorry that the time doesn't work out too great for everyone! I planned it too late and my calandar is abnormally full. Anyone who wants to come is more than welcome! Let me know if you want to borrow the book.
12 comments:
The Martha Grimes one sounds fun. OK, they both do, but I'm a little more inclined to that one for some reason! :) Good Luck!
They both sound good so I am no help. Sorry, either one is good with me. Go with your gut.
Iliana, I want to join your book club. I love to read but have very little time these days, but maybe being in a club with help me find some time. Is it ok for me to invite myself into the club?
Yea Mindi, come! This month's book shouldn't take long to read.
Yay for Book Club. I'd love to read The Book Thief (my mom loved it), but I'll go with either one of course. Just let me know ASAP so I can actually finish it this time.
So, I think a book club sounds great, but how do all you busy moms find time to read?! I feel like the only time I have to read a book is at work (sad, I know). I guess it just comes down to making it a priority? I would like to join your book club, but I don't think I've ever finished a book club book before..I kinda suck at it!
They both sound great. I have been in kinda the mystery type mood lately but will go with whatever. Cute blog!
Lindsey,
I ignore my children for a few days and stay up late to finish :) Really I just take a few nights and don't do anything else cause once I start a book I HAVE to know how it ends so I have to read it quick. But come, book finished or not! Its fun.
Love the book recommendations. I need to get to the library and grab a couple of these. My problem is once I start reading a good book, my kids get ignored until it's over. ;) I know, good mom, huh?! By the way, thanks for your comment on my blog. You are hilarious. I wish I could have seen you almost 'poop' your pants.
hey iliana, i just started reading this book myself. how are you? I was plucking my eyebrows this morning, and thought about how you had me do your eyebrows for your wedding day. what were you thinking? Did I totally mess them up? I dont remember. Hope you are doing well. love ali
I don't think I'll be able to come on that day... but enjoy this book and hopefully I'll catch the next one!
Shoot, I just saw this. Of course on the night that you have the discusion... I've been so out of the loop lately. My mom even had that book for me to borrow.
Let me know what your next book is & when and I'll be there. I love book clubs.
Post a Comment