Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just so you know...

T had a great birthday!
Who cares if mom and dad were going on only a few hours of sleep, and were perhaps a bit less peppy than usual. It didn't even matter that you didn't get that sweet little black escalade you wanted from Costco, that, by the way, you said, "only costed two quarters and a dollar". Ha. And darlin, you got it right when you told Gavin that "crying doesn't make mommy give you what you want." Ahhh. Only four for one day and already preaching the truth to your little mass of one.
You are one great kiddo! And did I mention I think you're super handsome and very funny? Well you are.
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! !
Getting up at 6 am, yes 6, to see his presents. Too bad dad makes you wait till evening to open them up :)
Lots of loot you lucky lad.
Boys. Love that I don't have to assemble anything. Ever.
Seriously. Gussy Gas Game. You feed him foods like nachos and chili and watch his stomach bloat until... you know. Classy. But really, SO FUN!! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa S. You know how to please a flatulating challenged four year old boy.
His orders : chocolate cake with strawberry frosting and vanilla ice cream. So he got his pink cake, but we manned it up with some cool candles.

So next time your mad at me, or bugged that I won't let you do your thing, just remember today. Remember mom didn't say no. Remember you played with your best bud Hudson for hours. Remember you ate tons of junk. Remember you got hooked up in the toy department. And remember mom let you cheer loudly and excitedly everytime a plastic fat man let it rip.
*And just so you all know, I was once a respectable lady who would never speak of such things as gas. But alass, fate has given me a home full of boys, and class snuck out the back door.

17 comments:

Chellese said...

So glad we got to be a part of T's big day. We think he's fun, handsome and smart too. And we're really glad he's our friend. Happy B-day, slime-a-gator!

maelynn said...

I think you're still a classy lady!
What a fun birthday! Can you throw ME a party like that??
Cute kiddo...happy birthday to Tyler! Can't believe he's four!

maelynn said...

Oh yeah, and in OUR house of boys, no fake farts are needed. Plenty of the REAL DEAL to go around. (And it's not comin' from me.)
Oh, how we love our boys!!

Whitney said...

He really is so handsome. You are lucky to have so many great men in your life.

Rebecca said...

Your class sunck out? Mine ran away screaming and ducked for cover!

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Janelle said...

We got our pumpkins at this place Vineyard Garden Center this is the info I got off the internet.- pumpkins, corn maze, farm animals
435 S Geneva Rd, Orem, UT 84058. Phone: 801-225-4357. Small corn maze (perfect for families with small children), bounce houses, Halloween fun houses, tower of pumpkins, slides, swings, menagerie of animals: rabbits, turkeys, goats, peacocks, chickens, doves. Larger/ more extensive than it looks. We didn't check out the other stuff since brody is so little but the pumpkins were great and started at $1.00

Tiffany W. said...

Hey, go check out my bro's comment on my blog under the "WHAT THE...?!?!" blog. (about Connor's water bottle). It involves you! ;)

Valerie said...

That's a great blog. And we all know...Boys will be boys.
Glad you had a good time, and I could take your kiddo for you for a bit. I'm happy too anytime. :)
Happy Birthday to Tyler!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday T!!! It looks like he had a great day and got some cool presents!!!

Bethany said...

I can't believe Tyler is 4!! You have such cute boys.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I love that he got the game gassy gus. Isn't it funny what motherhood does to you.

Kasey said...

Iliana, you CRACK ME UP! Happy birthday T man. I know you make your grandpa proud!

Lacy said...

Sweet game. That is hilarious. Happy bday to Tyler.

Regan said...

I can't believe that Tyler is 4 years old already. I still remember coming to see you in the hospital after you had him and I was pregnant with Ethan. Man, time flies! It looks like he had lots of fun and Tyler and Gavin are so cute!

Persnickety Prints said...

he is so handsome! spoiled little guy! what were you & daddy doin that forbid sleep???:) It sucks being outnumbered huh? I'll be thinking of you all day on tuesday! Our husbands are crazy!

Courtney said...

That is so funny, Josh and I were in a game store the other day and I saw Gassy Gus and thought what a silly game, but of course a 4 year old boy would love it. Looked like a fun day. Happy Birthday to Tyler. Missed you at the reunion.

Kristan Carter said...

I loved the cake...Even if it was PINK...Happy Birthday Tyler...And you are handsome...