Monday, March 17, 2008

Beautiful Day, FHE, and Easter Eggs...

Lets just say today has been better than the past few.
Pink eye. Check. Three times.
Ear infection. Check.
Overall grouchiness. Check.
More grouchiness. Check check.
So I was much relieved that today was beautiful.
Since the neighborhood easter egg hunt was cancelled, we decided on a rousing try at FHE. It was much like every other Family Home Evening, and I guess thats okay. I mean, at least we say a prayer and sing a song before the chaos begins. (I hate that I hate the word chaos now. Chaos makes me think of Chaotic, which makes me think of Britany Spears, which makes me think of crappiness.) We taught Tyler about the real reason we celebrate Easter which led to him only remembering that Jesus was put in a cave with a big rock in front of it. Great. We moved on to a good game of duck duck goose...
a little wrestling (I swear any and every activity we do ends up with wrestling)...
and the finale of egg coloring.
Tyler said that coloring eggs was "basahsting" (exhausting), and that his favorite egg was the blue one because it was a "handsome rockstar". Okay?
It was fun though, and Tyler really loved it. I love when he gets excited about things and when no huge messes or disasters are made in the process.
Thank goodness for beautiful days.


13 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

How come he never has any pants on? haha!

{lindy baker cakes} said...

What a cute family!

Lacy said...

You always do fun stuff. I am glad you guys are getting better.

Amanda said...

Tyler is so funny. sorry about the sicknesses. You are so hilarious! By the way. I love your thoughts on the word Chaos- very insightful. heheheh. Anyway, have a happy easter.

jamieleighcall said...

Your FHE's sound like ours. I also liked reading your stream of consciousness with the word 'chaos.' I have a funny story about that word. When I was in 4th or 5th grade I remember writing a paper and using the word 'chaos' except I spelled it kayos. My teacher wrote the correct spelling for me and but I didn't realize that's what she was doing. I just thought 'chaos' was another word for "good job." I read it with the "ch" sound instead of "k." Anyway, a blond moment, among many, in my life.

Meridith O. said...

Holy cow....how did you actually get through decorating eggs with no disasters? I have everything ready to dye eggs at my house but I am petrified to actually do it because i know that some kind of disaster will without a doubt occur. I just need to cover the entire house in plastic and everything will be just fine!

Unknown said...

Yes, thank goodness for sunshine!!! I love those cute eggs! We need to do easter eggs too!

Jana said...

Tyler says the funniest things. I love it! Glad your easter egg coloring was more successful than ours. :)

arianne said...

Iliana you are hilarious. And if you would check your email once a year you would know that I had a blog. Of course I don't ever write anything, so you haven't missed out on much, but it is there. I'm with the first comment: how come Tyler never has any pants on? And Gavin is the most beautiful baby ever.

Iliana said...

Okay guys, I checked, and there are quite a few pics of pants on Tyler. Here's the thing, he hates napping with his pants on, he says the are sweaty. So, after nap, I just let him run around until we go somewhere. Geez, is this such a crime? I mean, I know you guys secretly wish you could live with out pants on. I know I'm white trash. Or brown trash:)

Sheila said...

Iliana you are funny. Tyler can run around without his pants on whenever he wants! Has he gotten anywhere lately with the potty training? Hopefully soon! Great job on the eggs and lack of mess. I haven't been that brave yet. Cass has no clue that you color eggs at Easter. You may have motivated me though :)

Anonymous said...

At least he keeps a pull up on, Brayden runs around but naked. So what does that make me?

Persnickety Prints said...

Tell Dave he excells at coloring easter eggs....jon is now fired!!!!!