


Dave had some meetings in San Diego, so I decided to tag along for some down time. My mother in law and sister in law kindly took the kids for three days, so it was so nice to just be Iliana instead of mommy, or as Ty called me today, "really grouchy naughty mommy".
The trip started with a super cool Iliana freaking out on the plane, and ended with a four hour car ride home from the airport. So besides the actually traveling, the trip was SO NICE! We stayed at the nicest Four Seasons and all I had to do was relax. I reaized I am one uptight lady because it seriously took me till the second day to remember what relaxing felt like. I kept looking around and thinking I should be cleaning or cooking, or playing patty cake. Once I layed by the pool however, all those years of leasure come flooding back to me and I was sold on being alone on a vacation. Plus, they had a pool and area for ADULTS ONLY. Ahh, no kids crying. Heaven.
The Good:
1. Yummy food (well, most of the time. i'm not a huge meat eater)
2. Someone who asked you all day if you wanted a drink, or food, or a towel, or ANYTHING. So nice to be waited on instead of the one doing all the work.
3. PERFECT weather. Seriously, I want a second house in San Diego. Dave, get on that, kay?
4. No boogers or orange baby food all over my clothes.
5. Reading pointless magazines just cause.
6. Super comfy bed with the best beddinge EVER. I didn't even rip off the bedspread!
7. Just me with my sweetheart.
THE BAD:
1. Panic attack on the plane. Ya don't ask. I'm a freak and Chari can attest to it!
2. Ear infection.
3. Um, thats it. I was with no kids in paradise. Could it get any better?!
So, if anyone is up for a trip to SD, call me up, I'M IN!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
I wish I lived in San Diego
Posted by Iliana at 1:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
I'm with you my friend....I went to Pheonix for the weekend and it was seventy and sunny. How I got myself on the plane to come home to this dreary winter is beyond me. I would love to go to San Diego though. Let's plan it--girls weekend!
Sounds like fun!! You definitely deserve it. All those things sound so nice right now. I think the thing that would be most appealing---- SLEEP!!!!
So very jealous right now. How fun for you guys! I'm sick of this mucky air. I hate airplane rides too. I do it because it is a lot more convenient, but oh how I hate them! I feel like I need a tranquillizer every time I get on a plane. If I were a drinker I would probably get sloshed so I could forget that I was thousands of feet in the air.
I need a weekend with my honey, too. I'm glad you got away for a few days. It's a requirement every once in a while. :)
What a fun little get-a-way!
Oh, No Fear and Will. Life was great huh, when we were 14!
Lucky girl! I heard Dave got an award while in San Diego? If so . . . CONGRATS Dave!
I decided to come after I talked to you... So I am here right now. Its just to bad that I am from here because my vacations here are nothing like this one.:( Now I know why people come and vacation here.
Its too bad that my my trips here are nothing like that. You probably know how that is when you go back to Arizona, right?
I am sooooo jealous!!! San Diego is my favorite place in the whole wide world (okay I haven't been too many places but of all the places I've been). We go there every year and I too want to move there, I keep trying to get Dale to find a job there, the cost of living is a little much!!!
I'm glad you got to have a weekend with your hubby:)
I seriously got goose bumps reading this post! I so desperately want something like this. Or just any sleep at all! You totally deserved it! {Bummer you were still sick!} Was it an all-inclusive resort? Sounds fabulous! I'm all about a girl's trip any time now!
I'm so jealous! That sounds like a dream. Minus the part where you freaked out. I hate it when I have random freak outs too. I seriously dream about going on vacations, so I was happy to read about yours. Can I just live vicariously through you? thanks.
Okay, one word for you... JEALOUS! Our life is chaotic right now with Jake studying 24/7 for the bar he's taking next week. He's one big ball of stress and it's rubbing off on me and the kids. I was comparing your trip to San Diego and my trip to Malaysia... it almost depresses me. What am I thinking, bringing 3 kids to another country without Jake??? Oh well. Maybe my parents will send me to some tropical paradise when we get there and take the kids... if only. Anyway, I'm glad you guys got some time away.
I love the write up.....where are the sexy swim pic's????
Lets sign up for the next mtng OK?
Oh, and still haven't even tried to find a babysitter for the Yurt on Thur...have you?
xoxox
Fun! I love SD too! Every time I go there I want a house there too. I just went for the first time a few years ago, but I've been back a few times since. I love vacation, relaxing, time with hubby, etc. . . Four Seasons, huh! Fancy! I'm jealous!
Hey, Iliana! Of course you can add my name to your list. I used to go through Lacy's to get to yours, too. Now I just use my google reader list. It's awesome, by the way. Let me know if you want to know how to set it up. I have a link on my page that you can go to and it's really easy to set it up. It lets you know when people have new posts.
And we'll have a playdate soon. We've just been busy since I made that post. :)
Hey, Iliana! Of course you can add my name to your list. I used to go through Lacy's to get to yours, too. Now I just use my google reader list. It's awesome, by the way. Let me know if you want to know how to set it up. I have a link on my page that you can go to and it's really easy to set it up. It lets you know when people have new posts.
And we'll have a playdate soon. We've just been busy since I made that post. :)
I am so jealous! It sounds so perfect - and the pictures are gorgeous! You are such a fabulous mom - you deserved some time to pamper yourself:)
I would LOVE to live in San Diego too. So beautiful, just too expensive. I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing vacation.
Post a Comment