It's a sore spot that gets agitated every December. Dave REFUSES to get a fake tree, and I HATE cleaning up pine needles and watering a real one. I try to convince him every year that we'll be saving moola, saving the environment, and saving our carpets from getting watered if we could just purchase a nice pretty, non-messy pre-lit artificial tree. He tells me I'm an Al Gore scrooge lover who will soon be divorced if I go to Costco and get what I want. Hence, we got yet another real (and already dying by the way) tree this year. And to top it off, we always end up getting our tree on the crappiest snow day of the season. Oh well, the memories we make for our kids...
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your lucky, I always want a real tree but my husband wants the fake! So we compromise and put the fake one up when we are out of town for Christmas and then we are supposed to get a real one when we're in town. But, so far 4 christmases and only one real tree (being pretty pregnant for one probably accounted for the missing real tree).
At least the needles make your house smell good when you vacum them up!
I vote for a fake. Then you can put them up in November, and take them down in January! And they're perfect. They just don't have the smell. Way to be the compromiser though. And it really is something Tyler will remember, and someday Gavin too. My mom does one of each, maybe you could try that. Buy a faker after Christmas when they're half price!
Ah, the classic real vs. fake argument. I had to work on Rob for a couple years before we got our first fake tree. And I think the only two reasons he finally gave in was 1) we got a fake one for free and 2) the real ones are so darn expensive! This year he actually surprised me and wanted to buy a new fake one that was pre-lit! So maybe there is hope for Dave after all!
I hear you on the dilemma- we bought a fake one last year and I have to admit I was a little reluctant because I'm used to the real. But it's great. And if you still want the smell in your house, you could always get a real wreath-- less expensive and less needles too!
I have never had a real tree. Always fake. I dont necessarily want a real one just a bigger one. Our little one looks a little funny in our house. But of course you know Rob he thinks the one we have is just fine. He is a Bahumbug.
You're right... real trees are messy, but they smell SOOOO good. We have gotten a real one every year, but we have yet to get one this year. It's just us being lazy. We'll get one... maybe tomorrow. Then I'll be watering and cleaning up the needles right there with ya. :)
Post a Comment