Friday, October 05, 2007

We Love Carmel Corn

My boys and I love popcorn, carmel corn even more. So every conference weekend we make a bunch so we can enhance our chubs while watching sessions. Usually I do the making myself, but lately Tyler has wanted to help cook everything- hamburgers on the grill, cookies, chicken and rice, oatmeal, you name it. In fact, for halloween he said he wanted to either be a fireman or a chef. (We're going with fireman). So I was happy to make it with him. We started popping the corn and then decided Gav needed in on the fun too.
We're all happy and excited to pop some more.

Then, one of us freaks out when the popcorn starts spewing everywhere, and another of us gets concerned for the screaming babe, while the one who should be saving the baby quickly takes a picture. (P.S. I was getting ready to take the picture before Gav started crying.)
So we then decide Gavin should probably go watch the Boston game with Dad, and we're back to all being happy.
Well, Dad's happy. (Gavin needs a diaper change perhaps?)
And finally, we have our carmel corn. Whew. Poor Gavin! Everytime I look at that screaming face I want to cry.

2 comments:

maelynn said...

Ok, so if you post pictures of making food that's yummy, it's like a rule that you include the recipe. Or at least it should be a rule.
Looks SO good!

Amanda said...

I love these stories, it gives us a little glimpse into your life. That's what these blogs are for right? I love Gavin's face when he freaks out. How funny. Not, for you though, I'm sure. Good call on the Caramel popcorn. That's a good tradition.