Thursday, October 25, 2007

All Tuckered Out...


Lately I've been feeling EXHAUSTED! What with all the cleaning, laundry, cooking, feeding, entertaining, teaching, bathing, shopping, etc. that moms do, how do I ever NOT feel completely drained? And then on top of that you have to remember to be a WIFE. Ya know, spend time with your sweet hubby and make him feel special too (and maybe do you're hair and wear something other than your spitty up t-shirts and maybe put on some makeup). Its wierd that some weeks go by and I seem to have endless amounts of energy and enthusiasum for being mommy and wife, but then it all of a sudden hits, and all the things I am actually LUCKY to be able do seem more life HAVE-TO's.
To heck with that! Starting tomorrow...
I'll not get out one cleaning product or spounge or mop.
I'll take time to rejuvinate (read the scrips, exercise and even shower before noon!) .
I'll sit and play on the floor for as long as my Ty wants to play with me (heaven knows the time will come to soon when mommy won't be his favorite pal) instead of emptying the dishwasher.
I'll kiss and squeeze ALL OF MY BOYS (yes, especially you Dave) even when they are annoying me to no end.
I won't multi-task.
And I'll put all of the tedious, unimportant things out of my mind and focus on the here and now.
I will live in the moment.
And it will be a great day!
*The day after may be a bit crazy, but oh well!

7 comments:

maelynn said...

Loved it! As I do ALL your posts! Love being the first one to comment! I justify a messy house for these reasons all the time!

Oh, and the ties are from Children's Place. They get them a few months before Easter and Christmas, and sell out fast! Only $7.50 a piece! I bought them over 2 weeks ago...more than 2 months before Christmas! Look online, or go get some NOW!

sara said...

Love it Iliana! I hope today IS a good day!!! (of course it will be with that attitude!)
I think often about how my little guys will only think I'm cool for a short while so I better savor it. I'll be sad when that day comes!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!!! I need to do this, I feel like I always have to keep my house clean and before I know it the day is over and I haven't done anything with my kids.

Unknown said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! Maybe I'll do that too... next week.HAHA I love it! I think you are amazing if you are showered before noon!

Kasey said...

That's a good idea. When I'm feeling like I just can't do it all, I sit on my couch and pout. Next time going to play with my kids and kiss all over them and remember I did one thing right, or two or three...
Rocky
Todd
Kylee
My dirty house will keep, but my children won't.

Amanda said...

Great resolutions. It is good to get focused like that once in awhile. You are such a great mom.

Sar said...

Thanks for the reminder! You're a great example to me, and obviously you're a really good mom! You mean we don't have to do it all, ALL the time? I'm going to try one of those days sometime soon!