Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I Love PlayDough!



I know I know. Every other mom in the world introduced playdough to their toddlers way before they were three, but not me. I have an eater. And by that I mean anything and everything still gets put into my almost 3 year olds mouth. So because of this I was leary of giving Tyler playdough, but boy was I wrong! I was trying to get my kitchen clean and I needed a few minutes of sanity so I broke out the colored bad boys and I got way more than my needed few minutes. I got an hour and a half of pure heaven. There was no, "mommy, mommy come here...", or no, "mommy I'm bored", or no clothes tugging or no fit throwing, or none of the usual 3 o'clock in the afternoon whining. Tyler just sat there and played for what seemed like an eternity! Why had I not got out the dough before?!?! Oh ya, because dad taught Tyler to make "pretty hot dogs" and we were back to my initial fear: playdough eating. Oh well, what doesn't kill you only makes Tyler entertained and mom happy.

4 comments:

maelynn said...

PlayDoh is the best in entertainment! Micah's not an eater, but he sure can make a mess with it! I'll take a mess for the always needed freedom though.
Oh, and don't feel bad, Micah was over 3 when he first got to play with PlayDoh at our house!

Sar said...

Trust me, you're NOT the only mom who hasn't given your kid playDoh!! The only reason Hyrum knows what it is, is because he played with it at a friend's house about a week ago. . . and I think with Micah a really long time ago. But I've never bought the stuff! I guess I'll have to try some. I've always been afraid of the mess I'd end up with, but I guess if it's worth it, I'll have to try! I don't really know Dave very well, but any dad who teaches his kid how to make pretty hot dogs is a pretty fun dad!!

Lacy said...

You are so hilarious. Tyler totally cracks me up. Add that to the list of Winter activities!!
(you know that this comment is from Lacy because it is normal, not making fun and crazy like Rob likes like to do.)

Kasey said...

I don't give my kids playdough either because if I do Kylee eats it. She's 2 1/2 and I so thought she'd outgrow the putting things into her mouth. No, she hasn't. Jsut yesterday when I was making bracelets she had a mouth full of beads. I just don't know what I'm going to do with that girlie of mine! Maybe one day we should get them together and play. I've heard 2 negatives make a positive. That way they might quit putting stuff in their mouths. So, I guess that's a long shot since you are in Utah and I'm here and it really proabably wouldn't work. It's nice to dream big though.